CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Benny took pity on me...


... and sent me a pic of his Val, with permission to publish it.

Now. I ask ya. Why would you prefer a lump of new millenium premoulded plastic to something like this? This has character. It won't disintegrate in the rain. It won't dent if you breathe on it. You can fix any breakdowns with a leather belt (proven!), a pair of pantyhose, a coathanger, a screwdriver and a hammer - no computer diagnostician needed.

(Yeah, they're not exactly fuel-efficient. I know. Go tell the Greens. Perhaps Cate Blanchett, Leonardo di Caprio and Al Gore could downgrade their mansions to average-sized family homes to offset the damage done by the few thousand Vals still on the road.)

5 comments:

Anon said...

Yes such a lovely vehicle!! I still regret not buying my dads old holden years ago. Why did they go in for all the plastic stuff? Even washers and fridges aren't the same these days.

Ben said...

This is freaking me out, seeing my car on the web and all. You know I had sex in that car once. Well I guess you didn't know, and most probably didn't want to know either. Damnnnnmn.
Anon I must say, I run a furniture removal business, and while I love old cars, I'm so glad to have seen the back of most of the old fridges around the place. When I began about fourteen years ago, fridges were still really heavy lugs, but now fridges and washers are getting so much lighter and it is such a good thing. Dammn, oh did I already say that?
An old fridge weighs upwards of 140kg, and the favourite washing machine fifteen years ago too was outrageously heavy. Nowadays front-loaders are a bitch, although we can manage them coz we know to swear at them first before trying to move them.
Thank God for modern-day lighter appliances.
Oh the Valiant is for sale too, by the way, just incase anyone's interested. Hahahaha ha ha.
Word verification challenge approaching . . . . . . .

Anon said...

Well Benny, I guess I understand from your point of view how heavy the old appliances were to move.. but they lasted so much longer. My uncles fridge, which I'm sure was out of the ark, is still going strong. Having said that, where is the pic of your butt?

Ben said...

Look anon I have decided a photo of my arse on these pages would be inappropriate. This blog is about Malibu and to a lesser extent Monsier Corby. For me to grandstand about naked would be wrong.
Besides my camera is broken. A photo of my car will have to suffice. Just think of the hottest male arse you've ever laid eyes on, and put my face on top. Ahhhhhh, that should do.

Anon said...

*the hottest male ass I've seen?... Just how many do you think I've seen? lol... Somebody is ALL TALK! but agree with what you say... not appropriate lol